FAQ: Who fixes potholes on roads?

It depends if the road is a state road, a city road, or a County road.

State roads can be identified by black signs at the intersection (S-2-xxx). Call the SC DOT Highway Maintenance Department at 803.641.7665 to request repairs on a state road.

If you live in a city and the road is not a state road, call that city's Public Works Department.

If you live in the County and the road is not a State road, call the County Roads and Bridges Division at 803.642.1532.

Government Center, 1930 University Pkwy | Aiken, SC 29801 Aiken County Government | © 2022