The map modernization project will benefit numerous groups of people in different ways:
- County planners and local officials will gain a greater understanding of the flood hazards and risks that affect Aiken County and can therefore improve local planning activities.
- Engineers, surveyors, developers and builders will have access to more detailed information for making decisions, and can keep the cost of development down by using the information.
- Insurance agents, insurance companies and lending institutions will have easy online access to updates and upcoming changes in order to serve their customers and community more efficiently.
- Home and business owners will have the ability to make better financial decisions about protecting their properties.
- Existing policies can be renewed
- New policies can be written
- VA and FHA mortgages remain available
- Federal grants and loans remain available
- Federal disaster relief remains available