Maps, history, demographics, municipalities, and more about Aiken County Find the service or function that you need in our list of services listed alphabetically and by category, and a list of current electronic services. Recreation, roads, taxes, & much more for our residents. Job openings, bid opportunities for vendors, and economic development. Tourism info, including museums, accommodations, calendar of events, and much more. County Departments and Agencies, and links to other local and state government resources. How to contact County officials by phone, mail, email, or visit.
Planning & Development
Related Links
Government Center
Suite 2800
1930 University Parkway
Aiken, SC 29801
Normal Office Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM Monday-Friday, excluding holidays.

The Planning and Development Department provides assistance to the citizens of Aiken County through its three divisions: Codes, E-911, and Planning.

About Us
Aiken County Building Codes Department is responsible for issuing building permits for all new construction and renovations in Aiken County, excluding the city limits of Aiken and North Augusta. In addition, we also provide: manufactured home registration, moving permits, and manufactured home development permits. We are committed to providing the best service to everyone under any circumstance.

Forms of Payment We Accept

Aiken County Planning and Development now accepts credit card payments for permits and other fees.  Payment by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, and Discover) may be made in person or over the telephone.  A 1.9% transaction fee will be added to the total amount due when paying using a credit card.   As an example, a building permit that costs $100 will run customers an additional $1.90.  Permit and other fees may also be paid with cash or check.

Questions and Answers:
How to obtain a residential building permit?
To obtain a residential building permit complete the building permit application and submit with two sets of drawings and address verification form which can be obtained from 911 addressing. (Allow three to five days for processing)
Download Application here

How to register a manufactured home?
To register a manufactured home we will need a copy of the state title in your name or a form 400, septic tank approval from D.H.E.C, and an address verification form from 911 addressing.

How to obtain a manufactured home moving permit?
If moving within Aiken County, all current taxes must be paid, new owner must have title in new name or form 400, and address verification form from 911 addressing.

If moving outside of aiken county, previous year and current taxes must be paid, new owner must have title in new name or form 400 and location where manufactured home is moving.

When is a development permit required?
A development permit is required for a manufactured home being placed on property to verify zoning requirements and to start the process for septic tank approval.

How to obtain a commercial building permit?
A completed building permit application with two sets of drawings and a 911 address verification form. The size of the building and type of occupancy will determine the type of drawings to be submitted. Plan reviews may or may not be done in-house, also a site plan must be submitted to Planning & Development Zoning Department for approval.

Who do I contact about obtaining a septic permit?
You can contact the local SC DHEC office at 803.642.1637

How do I obtain a burning permit?
Call the Forestry Commission at 1.800.895.7057
What are the County fees associated with Building Codes, and Development?
You can call the Planning & Development office (803.642.1520) or you can download the list of fees here: Fee Schedule

How to obtain a contractors state license
How to verify a state license number
Building Codes
Government Web Policy Accessibility Policy Go to Contact go to top of page